With DeWied, Sausage Safety Is More Than Skin Deep … A Promise You Can Count On
Sausage. It’s a delicious staple at outdoor parties, holiday meals and dinners at home. But have you ever stopped to think about where the skin of that delectable sausage comes from? After all, the skin of sausage is just like the skin of fruit. Salmonella, E. coli and other dangers lurk if it isn’t clean and safe.
To ensure we have the cleanest, safest products our customers can buy, we are USDA-inspected and voluntarily HACCP-certified.
We also initiated our own rigorous benchmark for upholding the highest food safety standards available today. Our self-monitoring system forms the foundation of our promise to our customers:
- We buy natural hog casings from trusted vendors.
- We process the casings in a clean, uncontaminated environment.
- We confidently stand behind every product that leaves our facilities.
- We are accountable and serious about raising the bar on food safety standards.
- Keeping our promise requires a significant commitment, focus and attention to detail every step of the way. We will continue to be tougher on ourselves than anyone else.
We’re proud to report we’re doing things right.