- For fresh and processed sausages.
- Ideal for dinner sausages, breakfast links, snack sticks.
- For ring sausages and straight, smoked and dried deli products.
- Ideal for dinner sausages, salamis and smoked sausages.
- Fresh and processed dinner sausage
- Breakfast link sausage
- Snack sausage
- Frankfurter and wieners
Edible fresh sausage collagen casings
For retail applications
- Clear, colorless collagen so consumers can see the fresh ingredients inside the sausage.
- Tinted collagen to give fresh appearance in deli case for more retail sales.
For food service applications
- Collagen casing with cooking versatility.
- Strong enough to stand up to all different cooking techniques that might be used in restaurants, such as deep fat frying.
Edible processed sausage collagen casings
For dinner sausage applications
- Clear collagen for frankfurters, wieners, pepperoni and ethnic specialities.
- Strong enough to stand up to the process yet delivers a great tender eating experience.
For snack sausage applications
- Clear and mahogany-colored snack stick collagen with strength for fast production and superb permeability.
- Ideal for smoking and fast, even drying.
For ring-style sausages
- Clear casings used for ring-style sausages.
Inedible collagen casings for processed sausages
- Curved rounds for ring sausages are perfect as a substitute for natural beef rounds to make ring-style sausage.
- Strong for automated fast production.
- Available in shirred sticks and cut and clipped pieces.
Inedible collagen casings for straight deli products
- Wide diameter collagen for dried or smoked sausages are perfect as a substitute for natural beef middles to make straight sticks.
- Available in reels, shirred sticks, and cut and clipped pieces.
|Edible Collagen Casings – Processed Sausage||13–28mm Diameter Caddies, Master Cases|
|Edible Collagen Casings – Fresh Sausage||16–32mm Diameter Caddies, Master Cases|
|Inedible Collagen Casings – Straight Deli Products||34–140mm Diameter Reels, Cut Pieces, Shirred|
|Inedible Collagen Casings – Processed Sausage||38–52mm Diameter Reels, Bundles, Cut Pieces, Shirred|
Collagen casings are specially packaged in a heated sealed poly bag to “lock in” freshness.
Casing Put Ups
- Master cases
- Cut pieces
Preparation & Storage
- Casings are packaged in caddies within master cartons.
- No refrigeration needed — store in a dry area 40º–60º F (5º–15º C) away from direct heat.
- No soaking required — do not open boxes until ready to use.
- Tight size control allows you to achieve desired weights, but do not overfill.
- Maintain filling machine and horn for optimum casing performance (any modern filling machine can be used).
- Use linking equipment designed for maximum production.
- Casings can be used for high-speed linking.
- Store in a cool, dry place, protected from sunlight to avoid drying out casings and making them brittle.
- Open boxes in humid surroundings 24–48 hours before use to absorb ambient humidity for best pliability.
- Soak in 10–15% brine solution made with common salt for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 24 hours before filling casings.
- Increased salt concentration in brine and longer soak time increases casing strength, but too much reduces casing adherence to meat during cure.
- Brine temperature should be 72º–77º F (22º–25º C).
- Combination of time, temperature and salt concentration can be varied to adapt casing performance to process requirements.